Hurricanes are notorious for the immense potential damage they can inflict upon lives and properties. Florida is no stranger to annual hurricanes, and the additional hazards they bring such as storm surges, heavy rainfall and flooding, can cause additional property damage if sufficient preparations have not been made in advance.
To discover more about water damage prevention this hurricane season, read on with Armstrong Water Mold Cleanup and Restoration.
Protect Important Items
- Life comes first. Secure family, pets and even houseplants.
- Invest in a waterproof and fireproof safe to store important documents. Make backup digital copies of documents and store in cloud storage or an off-site location.
Weatherproof Your Property
- If you notice breaks, cracks or gaps on doors, walls or windows, seal them to prevent water from seeping indoors.
- Caulk small gaps and use weather stripping for larger ones.
- Install a storm or screen door for additional structure protection.
- Perform minor repairs ahead of time to prevent serious issues later on.
- Clear clogged drainage and gutters to allow water to move freely. Ensure that they are in good working condition.
- Have your roof inspected by an expert roofer. Patch any leaks and repair damages. Should the repair be scheduled at a later time, opt to install emergency roof tarping.
Clear Your Yard
- Trim trees and remove any loose or old branches that can potentially break and fall during high winds.
- Remove any yard items that may be carried off by strong winds.
Use Sand Bags
- When a hurricane is imminent, place sandbags around your property to prevent water entry on the ground level.
- Place sandbags in areas where water will most likely enter the property.
Fort Myers' Leading Water Damage Restoration Provider
Since 2005, Armstrong Water Mold Cleanup and Restoration has helped residential and commercial businesses recover from disasters including hurricanes and tropical storms. We offer quality services, affordable prices and guaranteed satisfaction.
- 100% Workmanship Guaranteed
- Bonded and Insured
- Complete Restorations (Water Damage/Mold Remediation/Fire Damage)
- Insurance Preferred Vendor
- Licensed and Certified General Contractor
- State of Florida Residential Contractor’s License #L1607070001182
- Disaster Restoration
- Home Improvements
- Residential and Commercial Roof Tarping
- Water Mold Services
All workmanship is 100% guaranteed. Call Armstrong Water Mold Cleanup & Restorations at (239) 592-3777 or contact us online. We are located at 1230 Hemingway Dr., Fort Myers, FL 33912.
Got Water Damage? Got Mold?
FREE Inspection and Estimate
Residential – Commercial Certified Mold Inspectors / 24/7 Services / Response Time 2 Hours or Less