Need Kitchen Water Damage Repair?
Let Us Help You Minimize Loss, Costs & Stress
Kitchen Water Damage Repair Service Solutions Based on IICRC Water Damage & Mold Remediation Protocols for Better Outcomes
If you’re a homeowner, nothing can prepare you for the stress and emotional turmoil when you come home to a flood on your kitchen floor. Perhaps you return to your winter retreat to find a musty odor along with mold on your walls and baseboards. What you’re about to learn about kitchen water damage repair can keep you and your family safe, save you considerable costs and reduce your stress when it comes to water damage and mold cleanup and restoration of your property.
The kitchen is a common area for water damage and mold. The most common sources of water damage in the kitchen include the refrigerator, sink and countertop and the dishwasher. Much of this damage can be prevented through simple repairs and regular maintenance. Water damage can be slow and insidious from the water around sinks and counters, drips under the sink, leaks from unsealed joints, damaged dishwasher hoses, or a hidden leaking pipe. Kitchen water damage may also occur as a sudden and extreme flooding event from a burst pipe or broken dishwasher.
Whatever the cause, rapid water leak detection and appropriate water damage repairs is the key to saving building structures and water damaged property. Water is rapidly absorbed into building structures including drywall, baseboards, and kitchen cabinets. Costs will be lower when water damage is minimal, from a clean water source and appropriate repairs are begun within 72 hours, After this 72-hour window, even water from a clean source must be managed as a dirty water event since the growth of mold and bacteria pose serious risks to people and pets. Within 24-48 hours, mold growth begins and spreads within a dark damp poorly ventilated environment. Without proper drying, dehumidification, and containment, water damage can readily produce mold growth behind building structures, under flooring and inside cabinets.
Minutes, Hours and Days After Water Damage
- Water spreads to other areas and rapidly increases the scope and cleanup of the damage.
- Dyes released from furniture discolor carpet.
- Drywall and base molding absorb water rapidly.
- Furniture and cabinets begins to delaminate, split or swell.
- Pressboard swells and disintegrates
- Bacterial odor develops.
- Fungus begins to appear with a musty odor.
- Metal surfaces begin to rust.
- Respiratory health problems can occur.
- Water damaged contents can’t be salvaged.
- Damage costs escalate.
- Water leakage and mold behind refrigerators
- Icemaker hoses not securely attached to the water supply
- Water around sink and countertops seeping in and around cabinets.
- Cracks and missing grout or calk around countertops
- Water leaks under the kitchen sink
- Blocked kitchen sink drains
- Incomplete emptying of the dishwasher
- Leaks under the dishwasher
- Stained pipes and walls containing pipes
- Peeling cracked paint on walls, ceilings, baseboards
- Discoloration and depressions in flooring
- Soft or spongy areas in flooring
- Buckling, cracked or stained flooring
- The presence of a musty odor, visible mildew or mold
- Sound of running water without use of plumbing
- Unexplained excessively high water bills
When it comes to kitchen water damage repair, you can trust Armstrong to provide experienced, licensed and certified water damage mitigation, mold remediation, and restoration services. Here’s what you can expect:
- Our immediate goal is to insure your safety and accurately identify the reason for, extent of and duration of your flood damage.
- With your agreement, we work in your behalf to assure maximum insurance claim reimbursement based on your policy, claim and our analysis.
- By following IICRC water damage protocols, we implement the most appropriate practices that allow us to safely contain and manage your category of flood damage.
- When relocation is necessary, we help you find suitable accommodations for your family and pets.
- We protect and restore personal property that can be salvaged.
- We own and maintain specialized equipment that allows us to dry and dehumidify building structures in locations where access is more difficult.
- We use advanced moisture detection equipment to accurately monitor the effectiveness of our drying and dehumidifying process.
- We are able to rapidly extract water and dry building structures through use of industrial equipment.
- We act as project managers to assure a safe, quality and efficient workflow. This includes ongoing communications with specialty contractors involved in your project such as roofers, plumbers, carpenters, and landscapers.
- We rely on the inspection and testing from a certified and unbiased mold environmental company to validate the need for and extent of mold remediation services.
- We act swiftly and responsibly to get your property managed and restored to a better than new condition.
Protocols for water damage and mold remediation are designed to protect homeowners in assuring safe and appropriate standards. IICRC is the organization responsible for certifications that are trusted and approved nationally by insurance companies. These protocols are based on the source and extent of the water damage, the length of time that has elapsed and whether the water is clean or dirty.
Even a relatively minor flood can allow water to seep behind cabinets, baseboards, flooring and building structures. You may believe that you adequately mopped up all the water. But when it comes to structures that are hidden from your view, proper drying is unlikely. Without appropriate drying and dehumidification, water can result in irreversible structural damage. A warm, moist, dark environment behind building structures and cabinets provides an ideal breeding ground for mold. Within 48-72 hours, Mold rapidly replicates and spreads to other areas of your home. Hiring a water damage repair professional can be a relatively minor expense to prevent catastrophic damage when left untreated.
Water damage repair services are performed by a state licensed, insured and certified contractor to assure safe, quality and appropriate intervention. Water damage repair can consist of extraction, structural drying, and repair and/or replacement of affected building structures, appliances, and materials. It also includes cleaning to restore water damaged furniture, draperies, carpets, tile flooring, and personal property.
Water leaks can be the result of faulty plumbing, roofing, gutters and other building materials in poor condition. They can occur from the movement of the ground below foundations and concrete slaps. Signs of a water leak include water stains on ceilings, walls and along baseboards. The staining may be associated with cracking, peeling paint. When a musty odor is present with or without visible mold, it is likely that water leak damage has occurred for some time.
If you have or suspect a water leak, water leak detection services are a must. Armstrong is an experienced reputable water damage service company. Contact us for a free inspection and estimate for water leak detection and repair services. The inspection consists of a thorough analysis to determine the source and a plan to eliminate the problem and restore the property to a like new condition.
We have specialized knowledge and experience in working closely with insurance companies for water damage, mold remediation and fire damage. Because of our ethics and reputation for strictly adhering to IICRC certification requirements, Armstrong is one of only a few water damage, mold and restoration companies to be on the approved and recommended list by some of the leading homeowners’ insurance companies.
We are able to read through the legalese within your policy to determine exactly what is covered as well as the specific terms. We provide your insurance carrier with detailed itemized documents for all damages including pictures and descriptions that accurately define replacement needs and costs. This allows us to work in your behalf to expedite claims and maximize your benefits for covered expenses.
Each insurance company has their own policy benefits, exclusions, deductibles and premium costs for water damage, floods, roof leaks and sewer backup events.
We are a fully licensed, certified and insured contractor in Florida. For more than three decades, our experience, training and values for integrity, quality and dependable services have made us a trusted water, mold, fire and restoration contractor.
Unlike some of our competitors, we follow IICRC standards to assure safe and appropriate practices. This means that customers are not overcharged for unnecessary and costly demolition and restoration of their property. We are one of a few trusted residential contractors for water damage, mold remediation and restoration services by leading homeowner insurance companies.
We respond 24/7 within a 2-hour response time to water damage and mold service calls within Southwest Florida. The inspection and estimate are free. We stand behind all of our work with an unconditional guarantee for quality, workmanship and dependable service. If you are looking for one-stop total peace of mind service, call us. Even if you worked with another company for repairs and restoration, call us for ongoing maintenance.
Got Water Damage? Got Mold?
FREE Inspection and Estimate
Residential – Commercial
Certified Mold Inspectors / 24/7 Services / Response Time 2 Hours or Less