What You Know About Water Damage Repair Service Can Minimize Loss, Costs & Stress
Water Damage Repair Service Solutions Based on IICRC Water Damage & Mold Remediation Protocols for Better Outcomes
Minutes, Hours and Days After Water Damage
- Water spreads to other areas and rapidly increases the scope and cleanup of the damage.
- Dyes released from furniture discolor carpet.
- Drywall and base molding absorb water rapidly.
- Furniture and cabinets begin to delaminate, split or swell.
- Pressboard swells and disintegrates
- Bacterial odor develops.
- Fungus begins to appear with a musty odor.
- Metal surfaces begin to rust.
- Respiratory health problems can occur.
- Water damaged contents can’t be salvaged.
- Damage costs escalate.
Finding yourself knee deep in flood water, mobbing up water from a broken appliance, dealing with an overflowing bathtub or finding ominous stains on your ceiling are all types of water damage that no one ever plans to experience. But the fact is, these are relatively common occurrences where costs and stress can be minimized with immediate and appropriate responses.
The severity and proper management of water damage is based on the source, whether it involves clean or dirty water and the length of time before appropriate intervention is begun. Water damage from clean water represents minimal damage unless it exceeds the 48 hour window when there is structural damage to building materials, irreversible damage to personal property and risks to health from the growth of bacteria and mold. The proper management of water damage will determine whether most items of value can be salvaged or will require replacement and total restoration. What you’re about to learn on this website can keep you and your family safe, save you considerable costs and reduce your stress when it comes to water damage repairs service.
Water Leak Detection
Rapid and accurate water leak detection can reduce damage to building structures, prevent mold formation and reduce progression of damage in concealed areas that are hidden from sight. Armstrong uses special infrared thermal imaging to rapidly detect all sources and locations of water leaks that are often associated with plumbing, roofs, foundations, concrete slabs and crawl spaces.
Flood Damage Repairs
Flood damage is often caused by extreme weather conditions, burst pipes, broken washing machines and dishwashers and sewer backups that may overflow sinks, toilets, bathtubs and showers. Flood damage from clean water sources when treated promptly, can prevent irreversible damage to building structures and personal property that significantly impacts costs and stress.
Burst Pipe Cleanup
Broken plumbing can occur in locations that are hidden or readily accessible. Flood damage from burst pipes is common in kitchens, laundry areas, bathrooms, behind drywall and molding, inside cabinets, under concrete slabs and in attic and crawl spaces under roofs. Burst pipe cleanup beginning with identification and removal of the source, is the first step in water damage repair.
Sewer Backup Cleanup
Flooding and water damage from sewage backups is one of the most difficult for homeowners. This plumbing emergency occurs when sewer water back flows from pipes or a drainage system. Contaminated water may overflow toilets, sinks, tubs and showers. Rapid extraction, drying, dehumification and the use of air scrubbers can save building structures and keep people safe from bacteria and mold.
Structural drying is part of a system for rapidly removing water and humidity in water damaged property. It is during this phase of water damage repair that high-powered industrial fans, de-humidification equipment and air scrubbers are strategically placed to safely dry building structures and personal property based on IICRC classification water damage industry standards.
Water Damage Restoration
The restoration of water damaged property is the final phase of water damage repair. During this time, porous building structures and other materials removed during demolition are replaced; needed repairs to plumbing, HVAC systems, roofing and landscaping are made; and deep cleaning of air ducts and salvaged items restore property to a like new condition.
Here’s what you can expect from Armstrong as a licensed, bonded, certified and insured water damage repair service contractor.
- Our immediate goal is to insure your safety and accurately identify the reason for, extent of and duration of your flood damage.
- With your agreement, we work in your behalf to assure maximum insurance claim reimbursement based on your policy, claim and our analysis.
- By following IICRC water damage protocols, we implement the most appropriate practices that allow us to safely contain and manage your category of flood damage.
- When relocation is necessary, we help you find suitable accommodations for your family and pets.
- We own and maintain specialized equipment that allows us to dry and dehumidify building structures in locations where access is more difficult.
- We are able to rapidly extract water and dry building structures through use of industrial equipment.
- We use advanced moisture detection equipment to accurately monitor the effectiveness of our drying and dehumidifying process.
- We protect and restore personal property that can be salvaged.
- We act as project managers to assure a safe, quality and efficient work flow. This includes ongoing communications with specialty contractors involved in your project such as roofers, plumbers, carpenters and landscapers.
- We rely on the inspection and testing from a certified and unbiased mold environmental company to validate the need for and extent of mold remediation services.
- We act swiftly and responsibly to get your property managed and restored to a better than new condition.
Some of the more common causes of water damage include:
- Flooding from storm damage that may include thunderstorms, tornadoes, tropical storms and hurricanes
- Leaking appliances, water heaters and plumbing
- Leaking roofs
- Settling or depression of ground under foundations and concrete slabs
- Sewer backups
- Flooding as a result of firefighting efforts
Even a relatively minor flood can allow water to seep behind cabinets, baseboards, flooring and building structures. You may believe that you adequately mopped up all the water. But when it comes to structures that are hidden from your view, proper drying is unlikely. Without appropriate drying and dehumidification, water can result in irreversible structural damage. A warm, moist, dark environment behind building structures and cabinets provides an ideal breeding ground for mold. Within 48-72 hours, Mold rapidly replicates and spreads to other areas of your home. Hiring a water damage repair professional can be a relatively minor expense to prevent catastrophic damage when left untreated.
Water damage repair services are performed by a state licensed, insured and certified contractor to assure safe, quality and appropriate intervention. Water damage repair can consist of extraction, structural drying, and repair and/or replacement of affected building structures, appliances and materials. It also includes cleaning to restore water damaged furniture, draperies, carpets, tile flooring, and personal property.
Water leaks can be the result of faulty plumbing, roofing, gutters and other building materials in poor condition. They can occur from the movement of the ground below foundations and concrete slaps. Signs of a water leak include water stains on ceilings, walls and along baseboards. The staining may be associated with cracking, peeling paint. When a musty odor is present with or without visible mold, it is likely that water leak damage has occurred for some time.
If you have or suspect a water leak, water leak detection services are a must. Armstrong is an experienced reputable water damage service company. Contact us for a free inspection and estimate for water leak detection and repair services. The inspection consists of a thorough analysis to determine the source and a plan to eliminate the problem and restore the property to a like new condition.
We have specialized knowledge and experience in working closely with insurance companies for water damage, mold remediation and fire damage. Because of our ethics and reputation for strictly adhering to IICRC certification requirements, Armstrong is one of only a few water damage, mold and restoration companies to be on the approved and recommended list by some of the leading homeowners’ insurance companies.
We are able to read through the legalese within your policy to determine exactly what is covered as well as the specific terms. We provide your insurance carrier with detailed itemized documents for all damages including pictures and descriptions that accurately define replacement needs and costs. This allows us to work in your behalf to expedite claims and maximize your benefits for covered expenses.
Each insurance company has their own policy benefits, exclusions, deductibles and premium costs for water damage, floods, roof leaks and sewer backup events.
We are a fully licensed, certified and insured contractor in Florida. For more than three decades, our experience, training and values for integrity, quality and dependable services have made us a trusted water, mold, fire and restoration contractor.
Unlike some of our competitors, we follow IICRC standards to assure safe and appropriate practices. This means that customers are not overcharged for unnecessary and costly demolition and restoration of their property. We are one of a few trusted residential contractors for water damage, mold remediation and restoration services by leading homeowner insurance companies.
We respond 24/7 within a 2-hour response time to water damage and mold service calls within Southwest Florida. The inspection and estimate are free. We stand behind all of our work with an unconditional guarantee for quality, workmanship and dependable service. If you are looking for one-stop total peace of mind service, call us. Even if you worked with another company for repairs and restoration, call us for ongoing maintenance.